Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bob’s Top 20 Guitarists


I made this list of great guitarists for Facebook a while back. But I wanted to post the list again as The
Pirate Way Blog's Official list.

In putting together my top 20 guitarists of all time, I was thinking, everybody probably has their own version of top guitarists, but here are mine...

Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Jimmy Page
Jimi Hendrix
B.B. King
Carlos Santana
Robin Trower
Duane Allman
Eric Johnson
Joe Satriani
Eddie Van Halen
Edge
David Gilmore
Tony Iommi
Ritchie Blackmore
Randy Rhoads
Robert Johnson
Martin Barre
Ted Nugent


I left out a lot of the old blues guitarists-they may be in a separate category all themselves. This list consists of the guitarist I grew up with. I know there is quite a bit of good talent currently out there. But I also believe there was a talent drought in the 80's...

Who would you add? Who is your top ten?

2 comments:

  1. How about Kenny Wayne Shepherd?
    You have a good list with which I mostly concur.
    -Rob Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree about the Twenties, not as much about the place you put each of them in your list...

    But of course this is an individual choice...

    I found this blog for chance for it has a similar name of mine (http://pirateway-nsa.blogspot.com/), but not much in common...

    Strange things of the Web...

    My first one is not Erci Clapton but Jimi Hendrix, though Clapton remains a great and enters in the number of the Roaring Twenties...

    ReplyDelete

    Follow me on Twitter
    Add to Technorati Favorites