Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yeah-But She Has A Great Personality


My friend Roy had a sister who had a friend. Roy's sister Kristina frightened us. One day she told Roy she wanted me to go out with her friend-no questions asked. Roy didn't ask any but I did. I asked Roy if she was cute. Roy couldn't answer. I got queasy. Roy snapped back with the She has a great personality line. I don't know about you but if you get the "nice personality" line, it wasn't hopeful. I decided to meet her because I enjoyed being alive. So I rode my sting ray with the banana seat to Roy's house, walked in the front door and saw this pretty girl and Kristina. My knees went wobbly-my mouth went dry and I think I blurted out something unintelligible that sounded like Hi…The girls laughed and I went to Roy's room. Our little chat went something like this:

Bob: "Where is she?"

Roy: "Who?"

Bob: "The girl with the great personality"

Roy: "She's in the front room with my sister"

Bob: "I thought you said she had a great p-e-r-s-o-n-a-l-i-t-y"

Roy: "She does, why?

Bob: "But she's cute"

Roy: "What's wrong with you?"

Bob: "I don't know"

It was true I didn't know what was wrong with me. I have been on both ends of the "Nice Personality" excuse before. I also was a victim of the "It's not you -it's me" and the"Let's just be friends" line before. So you could see why I was gun shy. But I learned two things that day:

First: Everyone has a personality independent of their looks.

Second: I hit the jackpot-a good looking girl with a great personality.

We dated three weeks then she dumped me. On the dump day she told me "I was nice but not her type". That's a new one, I thought. That actually got me thinking "well what is my type?" I would find out soon enough. In fact I found out my type is a four letter word…The story continues next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

    Follow me on Twitter
    Add to Technorati Favorites