Friday, April 24, 2009

Funeral for A Friends Mom


I went to a funeral today. My friends mother passed away and she left a wonderful gift to her family. Faith and Heritage. Everyone has a story to tell. A life narrative. I saw the story play out in the hour I spent at the mass today. We all have a personal story and a family story. I never met my friends mom. I wish I had. But I saw and heard the story in my friend today.

Heritage is the story about life in the past-Faith is the story about life everlasting. My friends mom had a relationship with Jesus and she passed this down to her kids not just in her words but in her deeds. When the kids were sick, she came and comforted them, when they got in trouble she showed them grace. Her faith sustained her through her sickness and her faith comforted us in the church today.

The story did not end today, it continues in the lives of those who believe. For one day we will see my friends mom again in heaven. When you die what will your story be?...For Margaret it was a story of faith in Jesus and a wonderful heritage she passed on down...

Jesus invites you to be a part of this story...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful mother that's the greatest legacy she leave for her kids....
    Faith in Jesus is the greatest asset a man can acquire while here on earth. She is not only a good mother to her children...but a perfect example for a church to leave a heritage to the people!

    ReplyDelete

    Follow me on Twitter
    Add to Technorati Favorites